Confident Mika Dents Peach Hopes

Friday, May 9, 2008

Mika Immonen, the 2001 World Pool Champion, enjoyed a comfortable 8-2 win over Daryl Peach to progress at the 2008 PartyPoker.net World Pool Masters.

Peach, who himself won the World Championship last year in Manila, was never really in the match as he made too many unforced errors for a player of Immonen’s caliber.

The Finn, who spends most of his time living and playing in the United States, has featured in the Masters many times over the years but has never made it to the business end of the tournament but on this form he will be one of the favourites for Sunday’s final.

“I think I made just one error in the match while Daryl made a lot,” said Immonen.

“He seemed confused out there and I gained confidence from his confusion. I was able to outsmart him and I felt really composed.

“My next match against Corey will be exciting – we’ve played each other many times and it’s always a good game.”

He now meets America ’s Corey Deuel , who earlier beat Christian Reimering, in Sunday afternoon’s quarter-finals.

0 comments: